Wednesday 28 December 2016

Choco Coffee Walnut Brownie

It's the end of the year 2016 & i share my  favorite choco coffee walnut brownie recipe.... I have shared most of my taste( enteswadhu) recipes on my blog & i hope you have enjoyed them trying out my recipes.... I hope to continue my tasty recipes every month in 2017 😊 

The first time i had chocolate brownie was 16 years back when i shifted from Mangalore  to Bangalore πŸ˜Š I was shopping in Jayanagar when i passed a ice-cream corner there was a hoarding outside the shop written '' Freshly baked brownie with ice-cream '' Being a foodie the curiosity in me wanted to taste it went in & bought it mmmmπŸ˜‹ it was more like a cross between cake & soft cookie in texture & warm brownie with ice-cream it was yummy!!!!

I have a few collection of brownie recipes in my files but never experimented them😞 Recently i started baking @ home coz i prefer homemade goodies & instead of adding  butter i can add oil,now i often bake chocolate brownies it's easy & quick to prepare & no need of baking powder 😊.



Coffee.... I am not a coffee drinker  & use to hate coffee in my childhood days...Now a days i love eating coffee chocolate dessertsπŸ˜€ Chocolate coffee is a best  combination 😊 I wanted to add chocolate brownie recipe to my blog so decided to bake so that i could click pics, took out all the ingredients to measure but there was not enough cocco powder πŸ˜ž that's when i thought of adding coffee powder wow!!!  I loved this bitter sweet brownie & the best way to eat coffee.....I ended up having two  for breakfast πŸ˜‹
If you love chocolate & coffee this brownie is perfect for you !!!

Pre-post..... For chocolate brownie add 50 gm cocco powder omit coffee powder.

Ingredients :
  •  40 gm cocco powder.
  • 10 gm coffee powder.
  • 1/2 cup oil or 2/3 cup butter
  • 1 cup sugar,
  • 2 eggs.
  • 1/2 cup maida.
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts.
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder.
  • Pinch of salt.
  • Square tin for baking.
Method :
  • Dilute the coffee in 2 tbsp hot water & keep aside...

  • Preheat oven to 210 c. Grease a baking dish & line the dish with butter paper...
1                                           2    
  1. Chop the walnuts....Sieve the maida...
  2. Mix the maida & walnuts ( reserve a few for garnishing)& keep aside.
1                                                     2
  1. In a separate bowl whisk the eggs till fluffy add cinnamon powder & whisk it & keep aside.
  2. In another bowl add the oil, cocco powder  mix till well combined add in the diluted coffee & mix well ...( If your using butter, melt the butter first then add the cocco powder).
1                                                      2
  1. Powder the sugar in a mixie & add the powdered sugar & beaten eggs to the cocco coffee mixture,
  2. Whisk them well....
1                                                     2



  1. When its well beaten add the maida,walnuts mixture & a pinch of salt, mix till well blended.. 
  2. Pour the mixture in the greased baking dish & smooth the surface with the spatula & sprinkle chopped walnuts on top..
  3. Bake for about 30-35 min or prick with a skewer until it comes out clean.
  4. Cool on a wire rack before cutting into squares.
  5. Sprinkle icing sugar on top...


  • Serve warm or cold with ice-cream πŸ˜‹









1 comment: